Monday, February 1, 2016

Finding Freedom, Day 26: I struggle

Someone asked, "What is one thing you struggle with?" I wish there was just one.

I struggle to remember
the numbers I just read.
Some days I struggle
just getting out of bed.
Although I find it easy
to push away a few
Letting go of those I love
is something I can't do.
I struggle to create.
The brushes sat too long.
I struggle to forgive
every single wrong.
I struggle to recall
every reason why.
I struggle to accept
that some day we'll all die.
When times get hard,
I forget God's on my side.
And I struggle to be humble
and let go of my pride.
I struggle to say "sorry."
What words should I say?
There's a struggle every evening
and almost every day.
I've heard it's but for grace
that I survive. Thank you Lord.
Without struggles, I can't imagine life.
I'd rather have them
than be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment