Monday, February 15, 2016

Finding Freedom, Day 13: I Love My Dog

Michele might be a crazy dog lady. It's true. I try not to be too crazy but I can't help it. I love my dog more than most humans. She is my person sometimes. She is the only one who will listen to me go on and on about whatever happens to be on my mind at the moment or who will sit by me while I cry it out for hours. Some people might find that to be really sad but I think it's neat. I have a dog who follows me around, always has her eye on me, and would take a hand off of anyone who tried to hurt me. I love my dog.

Here are some other things about me and my dog that might make you crazy too.
  1. My dog eats what I eat. My Purina friends will lose their minds when they hear this but I do supplement my pups' diet of pizza and steak and chicken and potatoes with Beyond brand dog food. 
  2. I talk to my dog like she is a child. I don't use baby talk but I do get super happy and excited.
  3. We have talks about her poops. Today, for example, she walked me in circles for twenty minutes before she popped a squat for a tiny poop. Unacceptable.
  4. We have ice cream together once a week. 
  5. My dog takes up more space in the bed than I do.
  6. I swore I would never dress her up and I have never been crazy about Halloween but she gets a costume every year. She also has an adorable red winter coat.
  7. She brings me her leash when she needs to go outside. 
  8. When I tell her to grab her blanket, she will scour the house until she finds it and bring it to me. Yes, she has her own blanket.
  9. There are only two people she is more excited to see than me. They are my mom and my nephew. But I could be gone for fifteen minutes and she greets me like I have been gone for a week. There is nothing like it!
  10. She is mean. I don't know what I did to make her that way but I don't trust her with strangers. But I get really upset when other people say she is mean.
  11. I keep a box of dog treats on the floor next to her bowls and she helps herself to a couple whenever she feels like it. When the box starts to get empty, She knocks it over and rips out the side for easier access.
  12. I think my dog is smarter than most people I know. No offense.
  13. We go almost everywhere together. My dog rides shotgun more often than anyone. 
  14. If I have a day with no plan at all, I spend it with my dog.
  15. A long walk in Forest Park and a trip to PetSmart with my girl makes for a great day.
  16. Sometimes, she sits and stares at me and I feel like she has a thousand things to tell me but she can't.
  17. When she looks sad, I feel sad. Then I spend whatever amount of time is necessary until her ears perk up.
  18. I don't say goodbye to her in the morning because I can't handle her puppy dog eyes.
  19. When I travel, I call home so I can talk to her.
  20. Someday my prince might come but he is going to have to woo my dog too.



No comments:

Post a Comment