Monday, February 22, 2016

Finding Freedom, Day 6: I don't do well...

"Is there anything you're not good at?"

Yes, as a matter of fact, I don't do well with many things.

I don't do well in situations where I cannot see the eventual outcome.
I don't do well in traffic and I absolutely hate driving in the rain.
I am not good at obeying doctor's orders which might be why i am in pain almost all the time.
I don't do well in crowds of pretentious people who stare down their noses at me and my decisions.
I don't do well with saying NO. Even when others take advantage of me, it is difficult for me to tell them to fuck off like I probably should.
I don't do well with my annual resolve to stop cussing. I know it is wrong or  not lady-like or inappropriate or unprofessional or one of those things all the time. I am pretty sure Jesus never dropped the F-bomb and I really do love me some Jesus. But I also really like to cuss. Sometimes saying, "are you serious?" is not enough. You need a good, "Are you fucking kidding me?" on highway 70 in the mornings sometimes. And, "I am so mad at you" is just not as effective as the big ol' F YOU in certain situations. (Forgive me Father...)
I don't do well with church. I like church. But these days, I like church online, from my couch.
I don't do well in romantic or intimate relationships. I think like a self-proclaimed life-long bachelor even though I long to be married and a mommy.
I don't do well with people who try to make me feel stupid.
I don't do well with being laughed at... it stirs up an anger in me that could probably do some serious damage.
I don't do well with compliments. They make me uncomfortable.
And I really don't do well with surprises. I liken surprises to the torture of being tickled by someone who refuses to stop until you cry or pee.
I don't do well with taking care of myself or looking out for my own needs.
I don't do well with advocating for myself.
I don't do well with demanding what I want. Especially if it might interfere with the desires of someone else.
I don't do well with finishing what I start if what I started is going to move me forward. But if it is for someone else, it is my priority.
I don't do well with paper. I hate filing. OH MY GOD. I always have stacks and stacks of paper everywhere.
I don't do well with putting away laundry either. I usually have to go to the laundry room in the morning to find something to wear because my drawers are empty.

I am sure I could list 100 more. But after a certain point, I don't do well with lists either.

No comments:

Post a Comment