Thursday, February 4, 2016

Finding Freedom, Day 23: Inquiring Minds Want to Know

Today's questions came from a friend in Iowa. It is a series of questions. I thought I would tackle them all in one post! The questions are:
1. What is the Rock's phone number? 
2. Just how many caterers could we pull this wedding cake tasting scam on?
3. Why do the cubs suck?
4. What's your secret?
5. If you became president what would be your first political act and why?

What is the Rock's phone number?
Surprisingly, this is a question to which I have yet to get the answer. Everyone knows my love for The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) runs deep but I gave up my stalking ways years ago and, to date, nobody has been able to convince him to show up for one of my birthdays. I do have a number of students who say they are contacting him on all of his social media platforms hoping to get him to pay a visit to the high school by my birthday. But I have to be honest, friend... If I get The Rock's phone number, I am not sharing it with anyone!

Just how many caterers could we pull this wedding cake tasting scam on?
I saw something online a while back that sounded like a lot of fun. Grab a friend, pretend you are getting married, make appointments at a number of local bakeries and go out for cake. Anybody who knows me knows there are TWO ABSOLUTE TRUTHS about me: I love cake and I love a good practical joke. Now that I am writing about it, however, I am guessing the answer to the question might be: "not very many." 

Why do the Cubs suck?
Man, this is a loaded questions I have many theories about why the Cubs suck, most of which are catty, one-liners aimed at friends of mine who cheer for the baby bears But I am going to keep this simple. SOMEBODY HAS TO SUCK and it might as well be the Cubs.

What's your secret?
This is tough to answer since it is so vague. I do have a couple of secrets which are classified as secrets because NOBODY else knows them. That said, here are a few I am willing to give up to the general population:

My secret for living a relatively happy life is: wine.
My secret for younger looking skin: good genes, good friends, and wine
My secret ingredient in my 5-hour stew: wine

If you became president what would be your first political act and why?
I am inclined to take this one a little more seriously. I would never want to BE the President. I would want to be the president's top advisor. I would also like to be his or her speech writer but that would probably lead to the President's impeachment so it is probably not a good idea. That said, the top things on my list would probably be these (not in order of importance):

1. Education reform (including the reduction of required testing days and higher pay for educators)
2. Immigration reform ( I would absolutely not close the borders or send people "back where they came from.")
3. Restore the land rights of the native people, removing any possibility for future interference by the US government.
4. Apologize for the atrocities committed against people of color in our country and create a complex plan of restitution that included truly equal opportunities for education, entrepreneurship, home ownership and many other freedoms that many take for granted.

Way to end it with a DEEP question, Jake... geez. But seriously, THANK YOU for the questions. This was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment