Sunday, January 17, 2016

Finding Freedom Day 42: Love Yourself

Since I just wrote about the five ways to win my heart, I thought I would keep the love mojo going for day 42. The question posed was, "If you could say one thing to all of your exes, what would it be?" This inquiry made me laugh a little. I cried a little too.

I've been around a while but I had to think about what constitutes an ex. Does someone you dated six or eight times over the course of a few months count as an ex? Or is an ex someone with whom you shared a great deal of time? What are the requirements to qualify as someone's ex?

For me, an ex is someone with whom I was intimate emotionally, physically, or mentally. An ex is someone who got a glimpse of my soul in one way or another.

When I think about each of those people and what I would like to say to them, I kind of return to the same thing over and over. I don't hate any of them even though we may have parted in a less than friendly manner. I don't want any of them back even though nearly every one of them was incredibly hot. (It's true.) I would like to say I wish them all well but... I kind of just want to stay out of it.

Never in my life did I think I would ever love a song by Justin Bieber much less leave my dirty work to him but I do and I am. To all my exes, I would say, "Maybe you should go and love yourself." It's the one thing I know for sure they were all really good at doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment