Sunday, January 31, 2016

Finding Freedom, Day 28: My Day

Someone asked if I could bullet point my day which is awesome because my people know how much I love to make lists. It's also great because although this question was not submitted, I am frequently asked how I have time to do everything I do. My week days are all pretty much the same, unless there is a basketball game at school so I did two lists. I did a week day and Saturday.

Week Day:

  • 5:15 AM Wake up, shower, dress, get ready
  • 6:30 AM Check everybody's pills to make sure they are ready for the day & set them on the table, Pack lunch, Pack bag for work, Let out the dog
  • 6:45 AM Drive to work
  • 7:15-7:20 Arrive at work and head to class room
  • 7:30 AM-9:05 AM Teach freshman English (My first hour rocks almost every day.)
  • 9:10 AM-10:45 AM Planning (lesson plans, paperwork, calls home, make copies, meet with my Instructional Coach... whatever needs doing. Sometimes I have time to pee.)
  • 10:50 AM-11:20 AM Teach 30 minutes of AP English III (Juniors are my favorite.)
  • 11:20 AM-11:50 AM Lunch with LaVon and Mr. Love. (Same three every A day. On "B" days the teachers' lounge is packed with people from every discipline which I love. I love it so much that now on Friday mornings, we are doing breakfast together before the kids get to school.)
  • 11:50 AM-12:50 PM Finish up AP English III
  • 12:55 PM-2:30 PM Teach English I (They are a rowdy bunch but super smart.)
If it is a day when there is a basketball game, I usually work in my classroom until 3:30 PM and then I head to the gym. And the rest of the day goes like this:
  • 3:30 PM- 4:00 PM Set up the junior varsity scorebook for both teams and help get the score board ready.
  • 5:15 PM- 5:30 PM Set up the varsity scorebook for both teams
  • 5:30 PM Sing the National Anthem 
  • 5:35 PM- 7:00 PM Work Varsity game
  • 7:00 PM Drive home
  • 7:30 PM Arrive home, eat dinner, make sure all pills were taken while I was away
  • 7:45 PM Walk dog
  • 8:15 PM Wind down
  • 8:30 PM Grade papers, write blogs, social media postings, call my nephew, my sister, my friends, visit with my parents (If there is a basketball game the next day, I usually prep dinner for the crockpot so all I have to do is put it out on the counter and turn it on in the morning.)
  • 10:30-11:30 PM Go to bed. (I usually fall asleep between 11:30 PM and 1AM. It takes a long time for my brain to turn off.)
Saturdays are crazy busy but that's ok.
  • Let the dog out, shower and dress
  • Make a big breakfast for mom and dad (Sometimes I eat with them too.)
  • Plan meals for the following week.
  • Grocery shopping
  • Clean house 
  • Dog gets a LONG walk on Saturdays and Sundays (usually a few miles... or two walks)
  • Laundry... three or four loads
  • Grade papers, research lesson ideas, write lesson plans
That's pretty much it, I think. I might go crazy if I wasn't busy BUT... five or six days on the beach might be nice once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment